Nominate Your Company or Product
The da Vinci Awards® help build awareness of assistive and adaptive technologies that can benefit all people, regardless of ability. By nominating, you help us recognize those people and products that bring life-improving technologies to the masses.
In order to make the da Vinci Awards nomination process greener and more efficient, we are only accepting applications for nominations online
- APPLICATION PROCESS (Nominations open until January 31, 2014)
- Upload your nomination video to your personal or company YouTube Channel, clearly indicating your entry name in the title.
- Completely fill out and submit the online application form for your nomination, including payment of application fee.
A non-refundable, tax deductible application fee is required with each nomination to partially cover expenses associated with the review and evaluation process.
Application Fee: $50 October 15, 2013 - November 30, 2013 $75 December 1, 2013 - December 31, 2013 $125 January 1, 2014 - January 31, 2014
- VIDEO REQUIREMENT
All nominations must include a video component that is no longer than 3 minutes in length. They may be promotional videos already in existence, but do not need to be professionally produced.
Before uploading your video submission to YouTube, please be sure to check that your video:
- does not contain any copyrighted music, video, images or text (not legally owned)
- is not set to "private." Your video must be public, and allow other users to embed it
- is under 2GB in size
- is in .AVI, .MOV, .WMV, or .MPG file formats
- AWARD CATEGORIES
The 2014 da Vinci Awards is accepting nominees in five categories:
- Communication/Educational Aids Details
- Environmental Adaptation/Daily Living or Work Aids Details
- Prosthetics/Orthotics/Controls Details
- Transportation and Mobility Details
- Recreation/Leisure/Rehabilitation/Fitness Details
Submissions are evaluated by a highly qualified, impartial panel of judges representing the technology and disability communities. Additional information may be requested.
Each category will have up to three finalists selected, which will be announced prior to the event. All finalists will be invited to attend the da Vinci Awards event and given the opportunity to exhibit/display their product. Two complimentary tickets to the event will be provided to each finalist. Additional tickets will be available to purchase.
One winner in each of the five categories will be announced live at the da Vinci Awards event. .
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Michigan Chapter, will provide PR materials for all 2014 da Vinci Awards finalists and winners. They will be featured in MS Society publications, press releases, social media sites and on davinciawards.org.
- THE EVENT
The da Vinci Awards will be presented in an Academy-Award style event held April 10th, 2014 at the Ford Conference & Event Center in Dearborn, Michigan. The winner in each category will be announced live from the podium during the event's festivities. A "People's Choice” Award will also be given to the Finalist that received the highest number of video views or ‘thumbs up’ votes on YouTube.
All materials submitted to the da Vinci Awards will remain confidential and will not be returned after the da Vinci Awards evaluation process. The da Vinci Awards prepares written materials regarding Award winners based on the submissions. By submitting materials, you agree that the da Vinci Awards owns all rights to them and that the da Vinci Awards may use your submissions in preparing and using them.
For additional information please contact:
National MS Society, Michigan Chapter
21311 Civic Center Drive
Southfield, MI 48076-3911
- Video Uploaded to YouTube
- Award Category selected
- Download pre-submission worksheet
- Submission Completed
- Application fee has been processed